Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sing Praises To Him!!!

This is Christophonk...sitting in bed with pneumonia (uuggh). The guys are probably performing at an assembly at this very moment and I wish I could be there. But after the hospital visit last night its obviously important that I rest.....but talk about testimony....I'll share that another day.

Today I wanted to share something very special with everyone so that we can all sign His praises and rejoice like there's no tomorrow. You see, I met a girl by the name of Dottie about a week ago at Shallote Middle School, an awesome school with AMAZING kids! Dottie was there early helping us set up....well, she wasnt really helping...hehe...she was just kinda running around having fun, making us laugh and what not. She has a 'free' spirit, a spirit of excitment, curiosity, and what seemed to be great joy. But I could kinda tell that there was a weight on her......and sure enough there was. Below are parts of some email conversations that I had with her.....watch as God moves in her!

(I started by asking her a simple question..."How are things going in your life?")

(Dottie)
"okay well you see, i have a lot going on in my life and a lot of it has to do with guys and sometimes i don\'t know what to do. and i turn to God and i just feel like he\'s not there and he doesn\'t care. i go to church as much as i can but my parents won\'t drive me or let me walk. so i don\'t have a way to get there, but when i get to go with one of my friends i do. but i just feel like God\'s not there and he doesn\'t love me."~Dottie.

(This is why God gave me the words to the Admiral...FOR THIS RIGHT HERE! So I had her listen to the song and I explained things in further detail...and this was her response)

(Dottie)
"hey chris, i wanted to say thanks. i've decided to re-deticate my life to God. i think this will help me with a lot. and tell the guys it was because of them and you of coarse. you guys opened up my eyes and made me see a lot. so THANKS!!!" ~Dottie.

(Rejoicing I praised the Lord and expressed to her that God was going to move in and do some amazing things in her life)

(Dottie)
"im so happy. its as if a giant weight has just been lifted. im gonna start going to chruch a lot more. im trying to get my sister to believe in God. and im gonna try to do better in school. =D im really happy. i just feel so wonderful. so i really just want to thank you. because it was you, bomani,josh,dave,and hollywood who changed my life. thank you so much. you gotta read my profile, my about me and my music section. you'll like it. chris, you and the rest of hello revolution are my heros. thank you for everyhitng that you have done for me, and trust me its been a lot."~Dottie.



Wow.........God is good! AMEN!

3 comments:

  1. And this is why you guys are awesome! I really relate to Dottie, actually.

    Feel better soon Chris, I'll put in a prayer request at chapel this Sunday for you and the rest of the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks chris, i think its funny how someone like you, a lead singer of a wonderful band takes the time to write about someone like me. i hope my story helps people. i love you sweetie, you changed my life. thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete